Welcome Fall

Well, after a hot and busy summer I am loving the cool winds of Fall! Fall is one of my favorite times of year. I love the crisp cool weather, and the leaves changing and finally falling from the trees. In my yard, fall is when the plants are happiest. After the Summer heat has gone, they bloom and thrive, gathering their last bits of nutrition before Winter sets in. I love this time of year. Perhaps my favorite thing is the sweet treats of the holidays. Everything flavored with cinnamon and cloves, all the rich flavors of Fall. I am particularly looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. Last year I battled with sick children the week before, and I was so happy they had gotten well before the holiday, only to wake the morning of the feast with the worst illness I have ever experienced. So Thanksgiving will be especially grand for me this year! My whole family gathers for a day of good people and great food. I enjoy the strong bond it builds for our family. There is nothing like watching my kids playing with their cousins and second cousins, as I did when I was young, and as I hope their kids will someday. I love the holidays. For Christmas, we go spend a week in Northern Utah with Casey's family. The kids enjoy the snow, and I enjoy wearing sweaters. There's something for everyone! :) We have lots of cousins up there too. My kids are never without a playmate. We are truly blessed to be part of two amazing families.

1 comment:

EstesSBTAK said...

I just LOVE seeing some cute pics of the family! Welcome to blogging! I am so excited to see your posts! What a wonderful and cute family! Hope to see you soon. Love ya and miss ya!