So, I've been feeling very picked on lately because my life is not going how I want it to. It's been raining set backs and dissappointments and I feel like the proverbial camel with too many straws on it's back. But while I was wallowing in self pity I decided that I should work on being the happy optimistic person that I used to be. So here goes exercise 1 in positive thinking: Count your blessings.
  • I have a beautiful little family. Three healthy, happy, adorable kids and a husband who adores both them and me despite my many flaws.
  • I have a home I LOVE in a neighborhood that is safe and friendly.
  • We are blessed that Casey has a job that pays the bills and I get to stay home with my sweet kids.
  • I have a fabulous, large extended family that I can always rely on. They give me a tremendous amount of strength and support.
  • I found photography. I love it. It eases my stress and makes me feel fantastic, and also occasionally brings in a little money. :)
I know it's a little thing, but sometimes I just need a little reminder of everything that is good in my life. It's too easy to get bogged down in all the bad things. I just have to remember that it's not forever. The bad things will pass, but so will the good so I should be enjoying the sweet things in life while I have them.

2 comments:

Marci and Gary said...

Oh Traci...that was nice to hear! I should do the exact same thing!

Unknown said...

You are amazing Tracy! (But you did forget to specifically mention your really awesome sister-in-law Jenn:) No, seriously, I loved your list! :)