Ahhh... the Holidays.

Thanksgiving was sooo fun. Best year yet, I would say. The only down side is that when you're away from home for Turkey Day you don't get any of the leftovers. But the day was fantastic! And the Friday after was so much fun! My Mom and sisters and I went to breakfast with my Aunt and some cousins. Then we did a little shopping, and then we caught the twilight movie in the afternoon. (Love it!!!) and then we shopped a little more. My amazing brother Scott kept my kids all day so my hubby could sleep (he works nights), and I got the whole day off with no worries about babysitters, or calling to check in. I needed that day off so much. It was so refreshing to just do whatever I wanted. Everyone is over the flu finally (yay!!!), and I am almost done with Christmas shopping(yay!!!). We lost the christmas bucket with the tree and ornaments and all the sentimental parts of christmas, so I am sad about that, but I went today and bought a cheap tree and cheap plastic ornaments because I can't go without a tree one more day, but I am sure as soon as we get it set up we will find the bucket with all the good stuff in it, so I couldn't go too pricey. What do you do? I love Christmas time. Casey is going to be away for work alot this month and on Christmas day(bummer!), so I have been trying to get an early start with our traditions so Casey will get to be around for some of them. So, last night we were supposed to watch Frosty the Snowman on TV, but we couldn't get the channel, so Casey took Kati to the movie store to rent it, but they didn't have it, so Kati picked Barbie's Christmas Carol. So we watched that instead. It was so fun. After the movie we drank some cocoa and ate treats while we helped Dad get ready for work. Casey will be home for three days after this run! I am super excited!!! Time to hang lights!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanksgiving was the best! That stinks that you can't find your stuff! I haven't put up any Christmas decorations yet this year. (I did paint my window) But my house is getting so crowded that I don't have room in my living room for the Christmas tree and so it's not going up until that big old honkin' fish tank that your dad gave us goes down. I'm trying to find it a home. Maybe the tree won't get up until Christmas Eve! :)